Underwater Treadmill for Accelerated Rehabilitation
The Hydroworx 500 Rehabilitation Pool is an ideal treatment designed specifically for aquatic rehab and training. Unique in the area, these pools are used for professional rehabilitation and training by such institutions as the Dallas Mavericks and universities such as Texas Tech, Texas A&M and the University of Texas. Among it’s capabilities, the 2,500 gallon pool has an underwater treadmill, variable water depths for different physical therapy weight-bearing status, resistive jets for increased resistance and underwater cameras for video monitoring and gait analysis. Aquatic exercise reduces the stress on the spine & joints and aids in the accelerated recovery for muscle injuries.
Benefits of AQUATIC Physical Therapy
- Accelerated rehabilitation
- Protects joints during exercise
- Reduced stress
- Decreased swelling
- Trunk stabilization
- Improved gait or postural deviations
- Increased circulation
- Increased strength and endurance
- Increase range of motion and flexibility
- Increased balance and coordination
- Increased muscle tone
- Improved body mechanics with work and daily activities to avoid re-injury
For more information on Aquatic Therapy, please visit hydroworx.com.